Care for Your Back During Pregnancy
Care for Before, During and After Pregnancy
Advice for pregnant women:
- Remain active.
- Rest is important.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects.
- Move you feet when turning round to avoid your spine twisting.
- Wear flat shoes so you allow the right weight distribution.
- Don’t site cross legged.
- Try not to lift toddlers or groceries on one hip this can put a strain on your hip.
- Balance the weight between two bags of shopping.
Why treat pregnant women?
- Minimise musculoskeletal pain.
- Optomise neurological function.
- Keep stability and alignment of pelvis.
- Improve posture and strength.
- Help prepare for labour and post partum.
- Treatment for late pregnancy pain and helping baby.
- We do not turn babies -but help to get the pelvis in a balanced position by positively affecting the bones,muscles and ligaments.
- Chiropractic may be able to help in getting the baby into a better position prior to birth.
- This may give the baby a better start with less postural , muscular and neurological strain on their body.